The Resource Room at Cordell Junior High & Cordell High School is designed to develop, strengthen, and improve skills for
positive academic performance and achievement. Self-advocacy skills and transitional planning are part of the instructional program. Students’
progress is monitored and reviewed throughout the year according to their Individual Educational Plan. My room is not a study hall.
Resource Room Goals
- To assist students in becoming as independent and successful as they can
- To monitor the students’ progress toward meeting the IEP goals and to assist the student in successfully completing all courses of study
- To maintain communication with the student, parents, teachers, guidance counselors and other staff involved with the education of the student
- To introduce and develop skills necessary for learning
- Check your planner and/or your class grades online to ensure all homework and/or missing assignments are completed. Prepare for today’s assignments.
- It is expected that students come to class prepared with their materials needed for the resource room. Students are expected to maintain a planner to keep track of assignments, projects and tests/quizzes. Students will complete assigned work in order to achieve goals on their IEPs and review/complete assignments from their content-area classes.
- In order to be successful in the resource room
- Utilize time wisely
- Follow classroom rules
- Attend class daily
- Ask for help